Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Goals for 2012

I hadn't set any goals for this year, I don't use to set goals for a whole year, I kinda take one project at a time but I am not completely happy with how it turned out. I am not trying to say that I haven't accomplished anything or that I am just going with the flow. I have discovered that I am a much stronger woman than i had ever thought me to be and I have also learned that setting the goal of perfection is not only a waste of time but also a waste of all the talents I have been blessed with. I won't get "perfection", none of us will. Life is not and it will never be perfect, it can't be, it's not supposed to be perfect. The perfect family portrait, the perfect husband and wife, the perfect house, the perfect mother and the superwoman who does it all, and to whom all turns out great is no longer my dream. I have learned, maybe a little too late, that a photoshoped image of life looks pretty and tempting, but it gives nothing, not to myself and my personal growth but most importantly, not to my kids and the people I interact with. 
I had never sets goals for the year to come and it probably was because I had the idea that the only acceptable goal in life is perfection... So this year I have decided that I will change that and I will set goals for the year, and have the clear knowledge that things may alter them, that facts that are out of my control can show up, that things may be delayed or even not be reached at all, that I can happen to change my mind one day... and that itself does not set a statement about my commitment to life, about my strengths or about the kind of person that I am. 
So here are my goals for this year:
- spend more quality time with the girls!
- have 150 credits in College by the end of 2012
- getting a drivers licence
- finishing the scrapbooks
- keeping the blogs updated
- using all the nice creams and bath salts and shower gels that I have been saving for "a special occasion", and making every occasion special.
- redecorating the house
- developing and maintaining a healthier lifestyle.
- no dieting.

No comments:

Post a Comment