Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Little Help, A Big Difference

I have been thinking a lot and came up to the fact that a man that can cook is not one of my priorities when it comes to choosing a partner. I love cooking the meals my family eats. Despite the job, the stress and the routine of cooking everyday, there is something about seeing them enjoying the meals I've prepared that my hearts translates into a demonstration of my love for them.
The problem, the real problem comes when I have to plan the dinners. I had run out of imagination and looking in cooking books always ends up with that I have to change half of the recipe because there is always some ingredient someone does not like.
Last Sunday, though, I thought that this was it, my imagination was completely empty and I had no way to refill it, so I sat everybody on the couches, took paper and pen and started:
"You are now going to choose one meal each, taking turns, and we will plan for 15 days. When you choose the meal you have to take into account what others in the family like and there has to be a variety, i.e. veggies, fish, chicken, biff, rice and pasta. You will also have to think about what the other chose, so we don't eat the same two days in a row. OK?"
They LOVED it! not only that but the kids (and Nicklas too) are really happy when it's their meal day.
So here's the menu, in case you too, like me, have run out of cooking ideas:
(starting on Monday 19)
Beet root salad, Swedish style
  • Prince - sausages with beet root salad
  • Spaghetti with bolognese sauce
  • Fish burgers in whole wit buns (with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and peppers)
  • Whole wit pizza (one with tuna and the other one with ham)
  • Meatballs with potatoes, gravy and cranberry sauce
  • Roasted pork with chimichurri and baked potatoes
  • Italian pasta 
  • Goulash soup with garlic bread
  • Chinese Sweet & sour chicken with rice
  • Milanesas a la napolitana with sallad
  • Tacos
  • Oven grilled salmon with roasted potatoes and salad
  • Biff wok and rice

And just that little became such a great help for me! I have to say that I am really thankful to have kids whose favorite menus aren't macaroni and cheese and hot dogs. I think they made a really good job and I am so happy to know exactly what to cook!
If you would like to have any of the recipes just leave a comment and I'll post it for you. All of the meals are really easy and fast to make. A huge Hi Five to my girls and husband!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment