Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

As I Walked Along...



Nine years ago I left Holland with a promise in my heart; to come back... Ever since I left the chanels and the chaotic streets of Amsterdam I kept inside of me a deep love for that land. Although it was only three months back in 2001-2002, a lot has happened there. As it usually is with life's great lessons, not everything back there was laughter and fun. In Holland I got closer to and appart from my sisters, in Holland we shared laughter and many tears, we grew older and maybe wiser... I had the chance to see my self through a different light, I experienced exile and loneliness for the first time, I found my sisters and myself, I lost pieces of me, I mutated...
I came back and everything was the same, and yet all was different. I felt home but I wasn't, the smells and colours, the busy streets and all their noises and life brought me back nine years ago... but the one who came was not the same. It just felt like coming from the past, into the future and from the future into the past, all at once.
I am very thankful that I got the chance to meet my sisters there and walk those streets with them once again. I couldn't have imagine a better way to keep my promise than doing it with my sisters, my friends since ever and forever, two of the most important people in my life. I just wish words would be enough to express how much I love them and how much they mean for me. I just wish there would be a way to make them see how wonderful they really are, I just hope they know it...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your kind words on The Bakery Box!! Your photos of scenery on here are gorgeous...time for me to travel to Sweden...better sell a lot of cookies. Wylie is always saying how much fun she had with you...thanks again, Lindsey

    ReplyDelete