Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

And lightning strikes me one more time...

I am ready with the book, I managed to make it last for  over two weeks, I'm so proud of myself! Nicklas use to say that buying books for me is a waste of money because I devour them in two or three days... Practical perspectives are not my thing. 
Here's one of the paragraphs that will have me thinking for a long time:

 "I know, now, without a doubt that the true source of happiness, self-worth, and authentic beauty doesn't come from the outside. Women are constantly being persuaded to want something unachievable, to look younger or thinner and above all to fit in because being different is too painful and embarrassing. I have accepted myself in a world that does not accept me, because I have learned- and more than any of the lessons of my accident, this is the one I wish I could teach everybody- that our hearts matter most. your heart matters most, so be gentler and more patient with yourself, and their hearts matter most, too, so be kinder and more compassionate to others." (Heaven Is Here, by Stepanie Nielson, p. 303-304)

Thank you for your story Stephanie Nielson!

No comments:

Post a Comment